Labels

Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Detailed Map of ER Burroughs 'Barsoom'

By the fantasticaly named Oberon Zell. Click here for more info over at erbzine.com
I have to admit I've never read any of Burroughs Pulp tales of Martian civil war and I thought the John Carter flick sucked eggs for me the only Mr.Carter is the one who appeared in Marvel Comics John Carter: WARLORD of MARS (1977-79) which is one of the first Marvel comics I can remember reading bought secondhand as part of a jumble sale bundle. I can also appreciate them now for being drawn by some of the greats including  Larry Hama, Gil Kane and Carmine Infantino. These are a few choice covers, colourful, dramatic and brimming with golden sci-fi action....
 



 ...and as a side note the cover to issue 16 (1978) drawn by Ernie Colon predates the much imitated George Perez 'Death of Supergirl' cover to DC's Crisis on Infinite Earth #7 (1985).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment