Labels

Search This Blog

Monday 9 September 2013

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, TORCHWOOD with a Budget...

When the initial fanboy frenzy settles I'm going to predict that Marvel's super hyped TV show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D will be nothing more than (the Dr. Who spin off) Torchwood (which it seems to share a similar premise) with a significantly larger budget.
In true internet style I'm making this prediction having only seen a trailer, why, why not. The show looks like it might be a bit of fun but I've got a feeling it'll only be the promise of regular cameos from characters from the Marvel universe rather than the shows own merits that keep the fans watching.
Still it could be worse, it could turn out to be the next Primeval...ooft!

1 comment:

  1. Having seen the premiere, I wouldn't say "nothing more", but the similarities are definitely there. The premise might be indicative of something in the zeitgeist - teams dedicated to helping humanity deal with what their respective franchises have kept secret for decades. The casting and tone didn't have to be so identical though.

    ReplyDelete