Labels

Search This Blog

Sunday 2 January 2011

'Requiem for Detroit?'


Last year one of the scariest things I watched was a documentary called Requiem for Detroit which looked into the history of this once great and beautiful city and the the reasons behind why it has basically been left to rot, and believe me when I 'great and beautiful' don't even begin to antiquity describe how this city once was.
One of the very few positives this documentary was how some of it's population where dealing with their cities decline and doing what they can to turn the situation in their favour.
I see a lot of parallels with my own city and I seriously fear for it's future and wonder if in 40 or 50 years we have scummed to a similar fate  would any one care or worse would anyone notice?
Click here for some extraordinary images by Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre.
And click here to watch the opening 5mins of the documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment